Hello friends! I am going to share recipe of one of my favorite snack - Pani puri and sweet imli chutney. Lemme start with Imli chutney.
Ingredients for Imli chutney:
1. Imli(Tamarind) - 1/4 cup
2. Gud cubes - 11/4 cup
3. Salt to taste
Take Tamarind, Gud and add little water just enough to submerge the gud cubes and tamarind. Boil this mixture till the gud melts. Allow it to cool. Add salt as per taste and grind the mixture. Use a coarse strainer to remove the tamarind left overs and the Imli chutney is ready.
Ingredients for Pani Puri:
2. Pudina leaves
3. Coriander leaves
5. Green chillies (per taste)
6. Lemon - 1
9. Black Salt also called as Sanchar or Kala Namak
10. Jeera Powder
- Wash and chop ginger, chillies, coriander leaves and Pudina leaves, grind these together and add little water to form a thick paste.
- Take tamarind, soak in little water and after a while keep it to boil. Allow it to cool and remove the tamarind pulp and keep it aside.
- Take a vessel in which you wish you prepare 'pani' of pani puri, pour required amount of water. Add tamarind pulp and then add green paste little by little instead of whole green paste coz the pani might end up being too spicy. Stir well
- Then add 2 tbsp of jeera powder, salt, lemon juice, black salt and stir well.
- Taste the mixture and check, if it is less spicy add some more green paste.
- That's it Pani Pani is ready
- Serve it with puri and chopped onions or bondi or moong and imli chutney.
Note: You will need to store this water mixture in refrigerator/cool place for few hours before consuming it. This will allow the flavors to soak in.